Neighborhood Resources

City Officials Contact Information
Mayor Libby Schaaf

1 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza 3rd Floor

Oakland, CA 94612

phone: (510) 238-3141 | fax: (510) 238-4731


City Council District 4 

Annie Campbell Washington

Oakland City Councilmember, District 4

(510) 238-7004


Jamila English, Senior Policy Analyst

(510) 238-7041 

Nayeli Maxson, Council Aide & Community Liaison

(510) 238-7273


City Council District 5

Noel Gallo


Phone: 510-238-7005

Address: 1 Frank H Ogawa Plaza, 2nd Floor, Oakland, CA 94612

Area 4 Command Staff
Captain Nishant Joshi, Area 4 Commander:  (510) 777-8561 |

Acting Lt. Dom Arotzarena, Operations Commander (AM):  (510) 777-8526 |

Lt. Steven Nowak, Operations Commander (PM): (510) 777-8524 |  

Lt. Erin Mausz,  Resource Commander: (510) 777-8625

Dave Pullen, Community Resource Officer: 510-774-5296 | 

Sgt M Lee, Community Resource: 777-8532 |

Jacque Long,  NSC Supervisor Area 45102387750 |

Araina Richards, Neighborhood Services Coordinator: 238-7619 |

Marlon Guzman, Neighborhood Watch& Personal Safety: 510-985-2715  | 


Other Important Oakland City & Community Contact

  • City of Oakland - Official City Website

    • Resource Commander (Problem Solving Officers, School Units, Crime ReductionTeam) : Lt Randell Wingate:, (510) 777-8625
    • Problem Solving Officer 27x and 27y: David Pullen:, (510) 777-5256 or (510) 774-5256
    • (Temporary) Neighborhood Services Coordinator: 510-238-7159, Edith Guillen:
    • Police Service Area Lieutenant: Lt. Ken Parris:
    • Code Compliance: (510) 238-4793
    • Public Works: Illegal dumping: (510) 615-5566
    • Emergency: 911
    • Emergency for cell phones: (510) 777-3211
    • Non-Emergency: (510) 777-3333
    • Drug Hotline (leave an anonymous message): (510) 238-DRUG
    • Animal Control: (510) 535-5602
    • City Council member Desley Brooks District 6 : (510) 238-7006
    • City Council member Libby Schaaf District 4: (510) 238-7004
    • City Council member Noel Gallo District 5: (510) 238-7005
    • Melrose Library 4805 Foothill Blvd : (510) 535-5623
    • BART Police - 1-877-679-7000
    • Abandoned Vehicles - (510) 777-8622 or email:
    • Parking Enforcement - (510) 238-3099
    • Truck/Commercial Vehicle Complaints - (510) 238-6033
    • Outlander's Assistance Center - (510) 444-2789
    • You can ALSO report public works issues ONLINE at the new Oakland Public Works web site.
    • Eastmont Substation
       2651 73rd Avenue, Oakland, CA 94601 (at the Eastmont Town Center)
       phone: (510) 777-8500


    The City of Oakland is offering a new tool that streamlines the process of reporting a problem. SeeClickFix IconSeeClickFix is an online and mobile tool that helps residents report and track non-emergency problems, such as graffiti, illegal dumping or potholes. With apps for iPhone, Android and BlackBerry, and a Web interface that is simple and intuitive, users can submit a report with a photo, track requests and monitor local activity.   SeeClickFix offers another way to report a problem, joining phone (510) 615-5566, email and web.

    Public Works Service Request

    Welcome! Here’s where you can request a public works maintenance service. We appreciate your request and thank you for being our "eyes and ears" in the City of Oakland.

    This web site is for NON-EMERGENCY services only! For potential emergency situations, please call (510) 615-5566.

    Report A Problem

    To submit your service request, follow these five simple steps: 

    • Step 1 - Select the type of service request.
    • Step 2 - Answer a few questions about your request, just to be sure we’re clear.
    • Step 3 - Enter the location of your service request.
    • Step 4 - Enter your contact information.
    • Step 5 - Enter any additional comments, verify the information you entered and submit the service request.

    After you submit your request, you will receive a Service Request ID. Keep this ID number handy! You’ll need it if you want to check on the status of your request.

    You may submit a Service Request online, by phone, by email or by mobile app.
    Online: To begin a New Service Request, click here.
    Phone: Call (510) 615-5566
    Mobile App: SeeClickFix (see below)

    Existing Service Request
    Welcome back! Click here to check the status of a service request that you’ve already submitted. You'll need your Service Request ID number and the email address you used when you submitted the request.

    Other Helpful Links

    Additional Resources:

    • Abandoned Autos (abandoned vehicles on the public street after 3 days) 
      (510) 777-8622 (report abandoned vehicles parked on the street for over 72 hours)
    • AC Transit
      Dial 511; then say "AC Transit"; then say "Customer Relations" (maintenance, complaints, etc.)
    • Alameda County Public Works - Creek/Drainage Maintenance
      (510) 670-5500 (creek flooding, overgrown vegetation, illegal dumping, graffiti)
    • Animal Control 
      (510) 535-5602 (live animals)
      (510) 535-4888 (dead animals)
    • Building Services (construct an addition, build a new home or renovate an existing building)
    • CalTrans (freeway, on & off ramps, signs, weeds, graffiti, illegal dumping, homeless encampments)
      (415) 330-6500 (graffiti on signs, striping, electrical issues)
      (510) 614-5942 (illegal dumping, pot holes, homeless encampment, overgrown vegetation)
    • Code Enforcement (blighted private properties, deteriorated buildings, inoperable vehicles on private property) 
      (510) 238-3381
    • EBMUD East Bay Municipal Utilities District
      (866) 403-2683 (fire hydrants, clear water leaks, flooding, graffiti)
    • Fire/Hazardous Materials (HazMat)
      (510) 444-3322
    • Household Hazardous Waste
      (800) 606-6606
    • OUSD Oakland Unified School District (trash, debris, illegal dumping, graffiti, defective signs)
      (510) 535-2718 or 2719 (buildings, grounds, grafitti & any issues on grounds)
    • Parking Citations
      (800) 500-6484 (parking citation assistance center, pay or appeal a citation, residential parking permits)
      (510) 238-3099 (enforcement)
      (510) 238-6631 (meter repair & meter collection)
    • PG&E Pacific, Gas & Electric (power outages, high voltage & tree limb interference) 
      (800) 743-5000 (maintenance & emergencies, gas leask, downed power lines, etc.)
    • Port of Oakland (overgrown weeds, litter, homeless encampments) 
      (510) 627-1415 (general maintenance, non-emergencies, overgrown weeds, litter, homeless encampment, grafitti)
      (510) 563-3300 or (510) 563-3360 (Oakland International Airport; Airport Operations Center) Emergencies 24/7
    • Recreation Centers
    • Regional Private Sewer Lateral (PSL) Program
      The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in collaboration with the California Regional Water Quality Control Board (RWQCB) is spearheading an effort to keep the Bay clean.  The EPA and RWQCB are requiring the East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD), six East Bay cities, and one sewer district to fix old, cracked sanitary sewer pipes to ensure they don't allow the infiltration of rainwater which can overwhelm wastewater treatment facilities, resulting in untreated or partially treated sewage being released into the Bay.  As a result, EBMUD and its partners are phasing in a Regional Private Sewer Lateral (PSL) Ordinance in some east bay communities. Affected property owners will be required to obtain a certificate from EBMUD indicating that their PSLs are without defects and have proper connections.  Follow the link to EBMUD's website for the requirements on the East Bay Regional Private Sewer Lateral Program.
    • Streets - 5-Year Pavement Schedule
    • Streets - Street Maintenance Fact Sheet
    • Streets - Pavement Condition Letter
    • Trees - Plant Your Own Tree Form
    • Trees - Prune Your Own Tree Guidelines
    • Union Pacific Railroad (illegal dumping, graffiti, damaged tracks, pot holes) 
      (888) 877-7267 (maintenance)
    • Alameda County Vector Control (rat or rodent infestations) 
      (510) 567-6800
    • Waste Management of Alameda County 
      (510) 613-8710 (residential missed pick-up, driver complaints, bulky-waste pickups)
      (510) 613-8700 (business services)